This is what happens when:
1. Your friends are sick of Amish Bread and refuse to take the friendship starter from you;
OR
2. You have no friends so you have to use up all the starter yourself! LOL!!!!!!!
If you're curious, these loaves took a total of 7 hours to bake! I told my husband that in our next house, a double oven is no longer good enough...I want 4 ovens!!!!
The flavors range from Butterscotch Cheesecake with Dates to Vanilla Lemon Curd. Yep, that is what happens when you have pantry items nearing expiration dates and the tightwad that I am will not let anything go to waste, hence, the flavors. My Amish Bread recipe is half the oil of the original recipe and 1/3 less sugar.
This is how they looked after they cooled and wrapped up for their lengthy stay in my freezer. There is no such thing as low-carb diet in our household. LOL!
Here's my baby girl on her way into her kindergarden class (she is the one in the middle with the pink shirt and brown pants). Not a very good photo as all the others showed other kids' faces and don't think their parents would love me to post those! :0
She was amazing - just like preschool, not a tear or hesitation. Unlike her older brother who cried for 2 straight weeks when I started him at preschool! But then again, he was only 2 then!
Don't forget to go to my shop for BTSS (Back to school sale where select products are 30% off!).
UPDATE: Did you NOTICE my new Blog design? :-))))) I still have a lot to learn (like trying to get back the button where I change font size - if you know, PLEAAAAAAAASE tell me!).
4 comments:
Gigi! I love your new blog layout! It looks great!
Looks like you'll have enough bread to last you for awhile! Sounds like great flavors! Norm has asked me to lay off making Amish friendship bread for awhile... :)
I am so excited for your little pumpkin to have started kindergarten! The time has just gone by sooo quickly! What happened to our babies????
I know! can you believe our babies are growing up so fast?!
Glad you like my new blog layout. Took me a loooong time to figure things out but eventually I did it (and without help from His Majesty). Norm doesn't like Friendship bread???? Tell him to try it with a fat slice of cream cheese!
Ok - gotta make lunch now for the kiddies!
Congrats on your daughter's first day of school! And that bread looks lovely! If you want to change font size you can go into "customize" "layout" "fonts & colours" it's under "Text font" in the roll down menu on the left. Hope that helps. They sure make it confusing! :o)
Gigi!!
I'm back... to nominate you for a Brilliant Blog Award!!!
Read about it here:
http://hadesigns.blogspot.com/2008/08/brilliant-blog-award.html
You definitely deserve it! I LOVE reading your blog!
Have a great day!
Post a Comment